According to the 联邦贸易委员会’s Web site, identity theft is defined as “The act of stealing your good name to commit fraud.” Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information such as your name, 社会安全号码, credit card number or other identifying information, without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes.
Take the time to review the below points to avoid becoming a victim:
- Check your financial statements for any unauthorized charges
- Shred documents that contain your personal information before throwing them away
- Sign up for Paperless Statements – try not leaving mail sitting in your postal mailbox
- Protect your electronic devices by using secure sites and making 密码 hard to guess
- Only carry the credit cards and documents that you really need, 尽量不要携带密码, 密码, Passport or Social Security card in your wallet or purse.
- Keep personal and sensitive information (bank statements, 登录网上银行账户, debit card PIN numbers or paper checks) away from where others, 包括你的家人, 朋友, 邻居们都能看到.
- Do not respond to emails requesting personal information. San Francisco FCU will never send you an e-mail asking you to verify or send personal information in reply.
- Before you dispose of a computer or mobile device, be sure to delete any personal information
- 总是问雇主, creditors and businesses how they will use and secure your personal information
- 总是取消 & 销毁旧的/未使用的信用卡
If you find yourself a victim of identity theft, immediately take the following actions:
- 向警方报案. Get a copy of the report to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of the crime.
- Contact the fraud departments of each of the three major credit-reporting agencies listed below. Request that they place a “fraud alert” on your file and that no new credit be granted without your approval.
- File your complaint with the 联邦贸易委员会 (FTC). The FTC maintains a database of identity theft cases used by law enforcement agencies for investigations. 提交投诉的连结: http://www.Federal Trade Commission.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-Federal Trade Commission 网站
- 联系旧金山FCU的服务中心 415.775.5377 to close your defrauded accounts and open new accounts.
亚特兰大,佐治亚州30374 - 0241
订购你的报告，打电话: 益百利 (888 - 397 - 3742)
举报欺诈，请致电: 888 -益百利(397 - 3742)
富勒顿,92834 - 6790
For more information about identity theft visit: